Fancy diamond knitting pattern
Step-by-step knitting instructions
1. Cast on 19 stitches (sts).
2. 1st row (right side) - knit (k) all stitches to end.
3. 2nd row - purl (p) 19 sts.
4. 3rd row - skip (s) 1, p3, knit two together (k2tog), yarn forward (yf)*, k2tog, yarn round needle (yrn)**, p3, yf, k2tog, p4.
5. 4th row - s1, k2, yrn, twist and purl two together (t&p2tog), p1, yrn, p2tog, k3, t&p2tog, p1, yrn, p2tog, yf, k3.
6. 5th row - s1, p2, yf, k2tog, k2, yf, k2tog, p1, k2tog, k2, yf, k2tog, yrn, p3.
7. 6th row - s1, k3, p5, k1, p5, k4.
8. 7th row - s1, p3, k2tog, yf, k1, k2tog, yrn, p1, yf, k2tog, yf, k1, k2tog, p4.
9. 8th row - s1, k3, yrn, p2tog, t&p2tog, yf, k3, yrn, p2tog, t&p2tog, yf, k4.
10. 9th row - s1, p4, yf, k2tog, k1, p4, yf, k2tog, k1, p4.
11. 10th row - s1, k3, p3, k4, p3, k5.
12. Repeat steps 3 - 10.
* yarn forward always must be made before a knit stitch to form an additional stitch to offset the lost stitch while knitting previous two stitches together.
** yarn round needle should be done before a purl stitch in order to create one extra stitch to keep the same number of overall stitches regardless of knitting some stitches together.