Stylish waves knitting pattern
Step-by-step knitting instructions
1. Cast on 14 stitches.
2. 1st row (right side) - knit (k) all stitches to end.
3. 2nd row - purl (p) all 14 sts to end.
4. 3rd row - skip (s) 1, k3, knit two together (k2tog), yarn forward (yf)*, k4, k2tog, yf, k2.
5. 4th row - s1, p2, yarn round needle (yrn)**, p2tog, p4, yrn, p2tog, p3.
6. 5th row - s1, k1, k2tog, yf, k4, k2tog, yf, k4.
7. 6th row - s1, p4, yrn, p2tog, p4, yrn, p2tog, p1.
8. 7th row - k14.
9. 8th row - p14.
10. 9th row - s 1, yf, k2tog, k4, yf, k2tog, k5.
11. 10th row - s1, p3, twist two stitches and purl them as one (t&p2tog), yrn, p4, t&p2tog, yrn, p2.
12. 11th row - s1,k2, yf, k2tog, k4, yf, k2tog, k3.
13. 12th row - s1, p1, t&p2tog, yrn, p4, t&p2tog, yrn, p4.
14. Repeat step 2 - 13.
* yarn forward always goes before a knit stitch to make an additional stitch to offset the lost stitch while knitting previous two stitches together.
** yarn round needle should be before a purl stitch in order to create one extra stitch to keep the same number of overall stitches regardless of knitting some stitches together.