Leaves knitting pattern
Step-by-step knitting instruction
1. Cast on 19 stitches.
2. 1st row – knit (k) all stitches to end. 2nd row – skip (s) 1*, purl (p) 6, k2, p1, k2, p7.
3. 3rd row – s1, k6, skip2, k1, skip2, k7.
4. 4th row – s1, p5, knit two together (k2tog), yarn forward (yf)**, k1, p1, k1, yf, k2tog, p6.
5. 5th row – s1, k4, twist & purl two stitches together (t&p2tog)***, p1, yarn round needle (yrn)**, skip1, k1, skip1, p1, yf, p2tog, k5.
6. 6th row – skip 1, p3, k2tog, k3, yrn, p1, yf, k3, k2tog, p4.
7. 7th row – skip 1, k2, tp2tog, yf, k1, yrn, tp2tog, k3, p2tog, yf, k1, yrn, p2tog, k3.
8. 8th row – skip 1, p1, k2tog, yf, k2, k2tog, yrn, p3, yf, k2tog, k2, yf, k2tog, p2.
9. 9th row – skip 1, k1, skip1, k2, tp2tog, yf, k5, yrn, p2tog, k2, skip 1, k2.
10. 10th row – skip 1, p1, k2, k2tog, yrn, p7, yf, k2tog, k2, p2.
11. 11th row – skip 1, k1, skip1, tp2tog, yf, k9, yrn, p2tog, skip 1, k2.
12. 12th 1 row – skip, p1, k2tog, yrn, p3, k2, p1, k2, p3, yf,k2tog, p2. Repeat steps 3 - 12
*skip1 – you need to skip a purl stitch on the wrong side in order to make the knit stitch on the right side look bigger.
**yf and yrn in other words means make a stitch. Yf goes before a knit stitch, and yrn must be made before a purl st.
***t&p2tog – it is necessary to twist stitches on the wrong side to direct stitches on the right side of the pattern in needed direction.