How to knit a scarf - step by step instructions
Knitting a scarf video tutorial.
Scarf length - 46 in. (116.8 cm.)
Needles - 14" (35 cm.) US: 8 (5.00 mm)
1. Cast on 30 stitches
2. Get rid of the other end of the yarn. Begin knitting the first row (right side) - [purl one stitch, knit one stitch] to end.
Note: Start all following rows until the end by skipping the first stitch (or work a slip stitch).
3. Second row (wrong side) - [purl 1 stitch, knit 1 stitch] to end.
Keep knitting this pattern for the next 15 rows
4. New pattern begins with [purl 3, knit 3] to end for 5 rows.
5. Then, do opposite, [knit the 3 purl stitches and purl the 3 knit sts] to end for 5 rows. Alternate the 5 rows. Your pattern should look like a chessboard. Repeat the pattern till you reach the desired length of your scarf.
6. Change pattern again (corn stitch) - [purl ,1 knit 1] to end. On a wrong side - [knit the purl stitch and purl the knit one] to end.
7. Cast off. Before binding off, make sure that you have same number of this pattern rows as at the other end of the scarf.
8. Secure and hide the end of the yarn.